Wednesday 1 April 2020

25

Firstly, I want to say a big happy birthday to me, for hitting this quarter-life mark in life. It truly is a milestone in this day and age. I am thankful that I am alive and didn't contract any COVID-19. It has been the hottest topic globally. COVID-19 pandemic is no joke. The highly infectious and yet no vaccines can be developed until years later, is scary to even think about. This has costed China's economy and soon the worlds. Almost every country has cases with COVID-19. I hope this could end soon. Australia has just put down the lockdown measure, not sure when it will end. Definitely not any time soon. People's lives have changed and it's just not the same anymore. The ordinary going to the cafe to catch up with friends, is illegal now, at least in Australia. The social distancing rule only allows two people who are strangers to be out together for legitimate reasons only. All restaurants and most retail shops have closed and made millions of people unemployed. Desperate times call for desperate measures, this year's 25th celebration has been moved to video call dinner with the girls. I should probably write this post after the 'skype dinner', but I thought I can always put the photos in again later today. (Mind you it is currently 1.34am in the morning, I should really be sleeping, well Cooper is).

 Wow, what a year it has been since my 24th!

2019 has been extremely fast. I almost don't even recall what had happened last year. I suppose it was a good year. Although my mum still is quite disappointed that I am still in uni. However, she seems to be more understanding of my choices now. 2020 brought a lot of mental clarity to me, not too sure if it's because of my age or it's because of other experience I've had. Ok, probably both.

I don't feel particularly too stressed with anything, I don't feel rushed because I've finally come to peace with myself about the pace I want to take with myself. Continue from last year, I have been paying attention to myself, on how I feel mentally and emotionally. This year, I want to keep myself focused, not that every other year I was not. Every year I was focused but not knowing where I want to go. This year I am focused and I have a direction I want to follow. Since moved out, I have loved doing life more, making myself a hot cup of tea in the morning, dancing to every beat of the music, keeping myself on track with university and making delicious healthy meals to look after myself. All these little things brought me the real joy of doing life.

Truth to be told, I've been missing a lot about Europe and the times I had overseas when COVID-19 was not a thing. (I am continuing my Europe trip posts, although It has been taking forever.) I did have a fall out with blogging.

I've definitely have changed a lot in the past year, in terms of my style and what I wanted with my life. Here are the most recent photos of me and Cooper in the last 3 months.

Cooper is 10 months old now, I can't believe I had been looking after him for 10 months! and He had been with me for 10 happy months!


got a handsome trim by me :)


Jan: got my dog chain necklace, definitely obsessed with thick necklace chains for 2020

Feb: layering some necklaces I barely wore but own

Mar: trying Bobbi Brown's intensive serum foundation, that shit is good

 

This is how I celebrated my quarter-life. 

Anh was the first one (surprisingly) to have sent me the birthday message. She said 'enjoy your day alone.' She forgot that I am never alone again anymore. An intimate morning photo, a bit blurry with filtered morning light. This year and in the next ten years or more, I will never be alone.


My phone rang in my fanny pack. For a second, I was stoned. Because who would call me at this hour of the day? As Cooper was resting on the pavement below a blooming tree, I fished out my phone. Voila, it was Anne! The sweetheart that I really appreciate in my life. She wanted something special from her this year. Indeed, very special.
Always spoiled :)

As I was having my virtual birthday celebration with the gals, I got this surprise delivery on my birthday. I was extremely puzzled who delivered this. ( I had no clue, it was from UberEats.) I acted like a lunatic when I went out and grabbed this. I waved at the UberEat driver and screamed on top of my lung:" THANK YOU, WHO ARE YOU? ARE YOU ANH'S FRIEND?" After that, I waved at the driver again. Only minutes later, I've realised I was just being an idiot.

Till next year!





No comments:

Post a Comment

I am healing with my butterfly

Photo by Fleur on Unsplash Few days after you left me, I have realised something, I lost me and I need to do something. A but...