Wednesday 1 January 2020

2020

Hi 2019, Bye 2019. You were a bitch to me on many occasions this year. Thank you for being a bitch to me so that I've realized the realness of being a grown-up.

Honestly, where do I begin? Whenever I started to write this post, I always found it hard to recall, probably because I don't have the best memory, I will try though. Don't you worry, the tradition has to continue on this blog.

I remembered that my flight landed on the 1st of January last year (2019). I've completed my exchange studies and travelled around Europe and had finished my last trip to Copenhagen. I still recall the morning before my flight back home in CPH, my eyes were so swollen because of lack of sleep. I was excited and longing to be back in Australia, longing for the sun, longing for my friends, longing for home and longing for love in Brisbane.

The first few months of this year were mainly used for healing. Little did I know I needed this time. Perhaps I was too proud to tell myself I needed it. Thank god, my cousin came to visit us from Hong Kong. So I had a buddy to be with me all the time. Things were much easier with more companies. I took my cousin to trip around Sydney-Melbourne-Brisbane during her one-month stay here. It was nice, however, at the time I was a little bit over traveling. After my cousin went back to Hong Kong, things just got even faster. Although I did plan to get a dog while my cousin was here, in the end, I didn't dare to. However, the urge didn't go away so I did it eventually in July this year. I got in trouble, a lot of it, of course. But I shall save that story for another time.

As planned, I will graduate at the end of this year. Things took a very big turn. Now I am not graduating until 2021. And for that, I will have to explain. As I was doing an HRM major, to graduate I only needed to complete 5 more units, which would run for 2 semesters. I finished the first semester until I got a dog (Cooper) and a job. Since I was not too sure about my life I took the second semester off to look after my dog and train him to be well-behaved and giving him the best kind of life he could possibly have. And also to just work and think about life, particularly my life in the next 5-10 years. At least I've came to a decision that I want to study finance major hence why the graduation date has changed.

Few Big Lessons I've learned in 2019

1. Hard-work, authenticity, and honesty aren't always relevant in every situation, but it is always necessary to have them. Always judge the situation because sometimes people only act on their best interests instead of appreciating other's morals
2. There's nothing wrong with being different, especially being yourself
3. Don't look at other's path, focus on yours so you don't involve in any accidents
4. Don't think too much about the future when you are not even sure about your present
5. Take life as it comes, enjoys every stage in life
6. Not everyone is worth your kindness, be selective
7. Be picky about who you want to date, be very picky

Few highlights of 2019, I personally treasured
- Landed in Australia on the first of Jan
- Cousin's one-month-long visit
- Toured around Sydney-Melbourne-Brisbane
- Met Jo and Henry in Southbank
- Launched ReFashion Collaborative Blog 
- Celebrated another year of being wiser
- ReFashion Collaborations
- Being better at mindfulness and positive-thinking
- Kept my habit of reading
- Got a job in Luxury retail
- Got a dog of my dream
- Knows a thing or two about dog training, and potentially a really good dog mum
- Took a pause in life
- Moved out and became more independent in every possible way
- Shopped for furniture
- Started the Hairoin-Retreat Challenge with Chelssie and Anh
- Went back to China and went to Joy's Wedding, reconnected with mum and the distant relatives
- Discovered the Howard Smith Drive in Brisbane, and has become one of my go-to spot
- Got color contact lenses
- Spontaneously got a red bag on the last day of 2019








No comments:

Post a Comment

I am healing with my butterfly

Photo by Fleur on Unsplash Few days after you left me, I have realised something, I lost me and I need to do something. A but...