Thursday 31 January 2019

Lovers nor Friends

29th Jan 2019

Photo by Toa Heftiba on Unsplash


You and I can never be friends,
I tried.
I thought, it would otherwise
Be a pity
to the good times, the cold nights,
the last kissed goodbye
and your parents' love story.

I failed though,
I hate to admit it.
Everywhere I go, I see leftover love.
Everything I kept
I smelt rotten fruits.

Days no more
Love no longer, I died just a little.
I cried just enough
to function as an emotional being.
I am just a woman.
I am just a human.
Whenever love dies, I still have to
live, to drink, to dance.
Friendship does not grow from
dead affections.

For that, I say,
Civil, behave, goodbye.
Not again, you and I aren't good enough

for lovers nor friends 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am healing with my butterfly

Photo by Fleur on Unsplash Few days after you left me, I have realised something, I lost me and I need to do something. A but...