Thursday 6 September 2018

23

I have completely forgotten about this 'Once a year"tag. It would have been a waste of effort and lack of consistency if I don't continue with this birthday post because late is always better than never. 

As an old tradition of mine and continue from last year's birthday post and see where I was actually in my life, and how things have changed compare to this year. Last year on my birthday I was just a few days into my braces journey and my hair had just started to really grow, and of course yo girl was single. I was focused on saving money for exchange, had a pretty regular routine with my work and uni life. And this year in April, I was still in my braces, was still saving up for exchange, and I was still single and my hair was a little bit longer (If I had kept my own promise and not cut it then it would have been longer). Anyways, just months later things have changed, drastically!

Right now, I am on my exchange in Germany, madly in love with a person who are absolutely so special to me and living a braces-free life. But my hair is still short af :'). I promise you it is growing though. 

This year has been magical I don't know about you but I have definitely been on love high multiple times this year, and I have never felt so in love before, it is hard to describe when you are so in love and it varies slightly from person to person. To me, being in love is addictive, being in love is obsessive, being in love is magical and the feeling you get from this special person could make you so happy and so present in the moment with this person and just this person. You felt that you want the time to stop because time just goes by so quickly and you wish it could just stop for a while. I never would have in hundred years thought that one day I would be so in love with someone, and I never imaged who this person would be. I guess sometimes just let life gives you a surprise and just enjoy the prize! 

This year has perhaps not been all that smooth for my mental journey, I am surprisingly not that productive and I am surprisingly not that sociable and I am surprisingly not that upbeat about life (at least not to my standard). But I am still surviving and living it. I don't think time would stop for me because I don't feel 100% about myself or things, life would just go on no matter how I feel or no matter how anyone else feels. I just really have to pull yourself together even on the days I feel like shit. Something really worked for me on a bad day is to put on makeup and put on an EXTRA NICE outfit for the day. I would always felt much better afterwards. 

This year's birthday celebration was an even smaller one from last year's. I guess as years go on, you want to minimize your life in all areas and at least this is exactly what I am into. I still managed to get few photos. This year's one was a little different, I decided to give all my guests a little pot plant as a little birthday gift and thank them for their presence on this special day of mine and watching me grow older and wiser. 

I was actually planning on going to Little Beirut for some Lebanese food and you know I just love those, then it turned out that restaurant closed upon our arrival without any notice to customers who have booked that night, that was kind of disappointing to be honest. Then we went to Claude and Corbett a restaurant which I don't really like to dine in because it is just regular pizzas and burgers. At least I still managed to have a good time :).






 I didn't think everyone would be this excited to received a little pot plant of their own, but they are. I am spreading some solid eco love. Story of the night, Anh had a burst tyre  :').

Like I said, still living that braces life, my hair was longer than I have right now :') and marital status: single.





Amen, to how late this post really is. Also keep an eye on "Deutschland-ING" series, I swear there's more contents coming.

Bess. x



No comments:

Post a Comment

I am healing with my butterfly

Photo by Fleur on Unsplash Few days after you left me, I have realised something, I lost me and I need to do something. A but...